Texas consumers believe that the health insurance coverage they maintain in the U.S. will be more than adequate when they travel to a foreign country. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, the plans issued under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) are predominantly HMO plans and do not provide in-network benefits outside Texas except in an emergency. Insurance specifically for the international traveler can provide important services in the event of illness or injury. Contact Stateside Insurance Services for a complete list of benefits.
International Medical Group Specializes in Overseas Medical Insurance
Stateside Insurance Services had received numerous requests from current clients needing medical insurance for their overseas travel or for a dependent studying abroad. Based on Stateside’s review International Medical Group (IMG) provides the most comprehensive benefits, broadest coverage options and expertise regarding health insurance outside of the U.S.
IMG Product Portfolio
IMG offers a full line of international medical insurance products. Coverage options range from short-term travel medical insurance and comprehensive expatriate plans to trip protection.
Example of benefits provided by IMG coverage includes:
- Deductibles – ranging from $0 to $2,500 per certificate period
- Maximum limits – $50,000 to $1,000,000 per certificate period
- Coinsurance for Claims Outside the U.S. – for the certificate period, 100% after deductible has been met
- Emergency Medical Evacuation – up to $50,000 maximum benefit
- Range of international emergency benefits available including emergency evacuation, emergency reunion, return of mortal remains, return of minor children and more
- Emergency Reunion – up to $50,000 maximum benefit for up to a maximum of 15 days
- Political Evacuation – $10,000 maximum
- Additional Benefits – coverage is available with lost luggage coverage, personal liability, legal assistance and accidental death and dismemberment
Why Choose IMG?
IMG is an award-winning provider of global insurance benefits and assistance services. For more than 25 years, we have enabled our members to worry less and experience more by delivering the protection they need, backed by the support they deserve. With IMG, members experience:
- Global Support: With offices and partners across the globe, IMG provides the support you need, when you need it. In fact, it’s our corporate mission to be there to protect and enhance your health and well-being.
- Service Without Obstacles: IMG’s team of international, multilingual specialists is accustomed to working in multiple time zones, languages, and currencies. Our global reach means we can work without barriers.
- Accessible Technology: Log on to the secure, 24-hour online portal, myIMGSM, to submit and view your claims, manage your account, search for providers, Live Chat with representatives, and more.
- International Provider Access: Our proprietary IPA network of more than 17,000 accomplished physicians and facilities allows you to access quality care worldwide. Our direct billing arrangements can also ease the time and upfront expense at select providers.
- Financial Stability: Our globally recognized underwriters, A-rated Sirius International Insurance Corporation and certain underwriters at Lloyd’s, offer the financial security and reputation demanded by international consumers.
- International Emergency Care: When you’re away from home and a medical emergency occurs, you may not be able to wait for regular business hours. With our on-site medical staff, you have 24-hour access to highly qualified coordinators of emergency medical services and international treatment.
Short-Term Travel Medical
- Patriot Travel Medical Insurance – designed for individual and groups who are traveling for business or pleasure anywhere outside their home country.
- Patriot America Plus – provides coverage for non-U.S. citizens who are traveling to the U.S.
- GlobeHopper Senior – provides coverage for U.S. citizen and U.S. permanent residents over age 65 wo are traveling outside of their home country.
- Patriot Multi-Trip – for individuals, families and groups of five or more who travel frequently outside of their home country throughout the year.
Long-Term Expatriate Plans
- Global Medical Insurance – provides comprehensive and annually renewable coverage for individuals and families living or working internationally.
- GEO Group – designed for employers who need international group medical coverage for their employees around the globe.
Online quotes and applications can be accessed at: International Insurance Coverage Information and Quotes
STATESIDE CAN HELP!
Stateside Insurance Services, since 2003, has focused on providing comprehensive health insurance information, responsive customer service and expert industry knowledge for Texas consumers. Stateside has annually been recognized by health insurance carriers and the Health Insurance Marketplace as a Top Producer in Texas.
Whether the health insurance policy is for an individual, family, small business or supplemental Medicare coverage, Stateside dedicates the time, and our deep industry expertise, to ensure our clients have identified the best health insurance plan for their specific needs.
Stateside is available to answer any general questions regarding your coverage options, can provide a subsidy determination, and even assist in creating and submitting online applications for ACA compliant plans during an Open Enrollment or throughout Special Enrollment periods.
Phone Appointment Reservation.
By using the Telephone Appointment System, clients can take advantage of scheduling a health insurance discussion when convenient for